Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holidays = fireworks + food.


I'm on a boat., originally uploaded by victoriashade.

Happy belated 4th of July, U.S.A. citizens (and anyone else who wants to celebrate it)! We kept it quiet by doing lunch with a friend and hanging out at the house. No fireworks, which is a-ok with us since the boy isn't much for crowds and I've seen enough Disney fireworks to make everything else pale in comparison.

This picture is actually from the 4th of July three years ago. Click here from a photo towards the beginning of the evening.

To get a good photo of fireworks, a tripod and a long exposure are the ideal. Well, I was on a boat, and I just had my little Canon point-and-shoot, so that was not happening.

This photo was taken toward the end of the Magic Kingdom's 4th of July fireworks show. Not only were the fireworks set off at the theme park, but they were also set off in the Seven Seas Lagoon in front of MK. It was for this reason that our boat was sitting in Bay Lake, behind the Contemporary and near Wilderness Lodge.

It was a beautiful show and great time spent with friend, but I admit (with bias) that I love IllumiNations more.

No comments:

Post a Comment