Friday, April 3, 2009

Matt and Maddy

It's a hazy memory how I stumbled across Matt Logelin's blog, but I am extraordinarily glad that I did. I came across it shortly after his wife, Liz, died a day after giving birth to their first child, Madeline. His writing was so raw and honest, I couldn't help but read it all. And I kept reading. I can't tell you how many posts I've sent to various people for one reason or another, or how many times I've called to Rob from my office shouting, "You have to see this picture of Maddy!"

He recommends that you start here at this post.

In the year since his daughter's birth and his wife's passing, Matt has taken his experiences and found a way to benefit families going through similar situations. He created the Liz Logelin Foundation, and I recommend you check it out.

Once you're worked your way through that, I recommend you skip ahead nearly a year to this post which contains a video of Matt and Maddy during a photo shoot. Beautiful video. The happiness on their faces is exquisite.

I also recommend the video because of the song. Amy Seeley's "Walk To The Park" is my current favorite, soothing me on this rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment