Saturday, January 9, 2010

A view of the Little Mermaid.

A view of the Little Mermaid.

My father was almost as excited about our honeymoon as Rob and I were just before we left. My dad traveled all over the world before his strokes thanks to his job, and all my life he's wished for me to see the sights he has seen. He also shares my love of stories and reading, so he wanted me to see the Little Mermaid statue. This homage to Danish author Hans Christian Andersen's story of the little mermaid was well worth seeing.

She was smaller than I expected - more the size of an actual young teenage girl than the giant statue I had envisioned. And she was a little sad in her posture and the way her view gazed. But it makes sense - this is Hans Christian Andersen's mermaid, not Disney's.

Taken on a Nikon D40.

Photo originally taken on September 14, 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Photo posted on January 9, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment