Saturday, January 1, 2011

Greeting the new year with pictures of the old.



One of the ways I like to greet the new year is by creating an album of the past year. I bought several albums in the same style a few years ago, and I've been painstakingly adding and captioning 240 for every year since 2006. I love the finished result, but I love the process even more. It's a great way to look over the past year, both the good and the bad, as I don't shy away from including visits of the sad moments.



The cover is the most difficult part. Going from 240 favorites to just five or six is the challenge. Once I've narrowed it down to that select few, I use Picasa's collage feature to pull it all together. Then I send off 241 photos to be printed, and spend a few hours sorting them and writing the little notes that expand on the thousand words each picture already says for itself. I just sent off the 2010 photos, and I can't wait to get to the next part.

Hello 2011.


So, hello 2011. I can't wait to see what your collage looks like this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment