Monday, October 26, 2009

The Groom-To-Be peeks in on the bridal shower.

The Groom-To-Be peeks in on the bridal shower., originally uploaded by Victoria Shade.

I love, love, love this picture. Right place, right time, and the lighting was even kind of cooperating. And you all already know how I feel about bokeh, so the focus on him and the blurry background...it makes me go "yay!"!

My friend Mara is getting married in a few weeks, and her bridal shower and bachelorette party were Saturday. Her maid of honor, Amber, was completely rocking the shower, and in my role of bridesmaid I just did whatever Amber asked and took whatever opportunities I spotted to help out. The rest of the time I was - you guessed it - taking pictures.

This was during the gift opening portion of the bridal shower. Franco, Mara's fiancé, appeared in the corner of my eye. Quite the surprise, since I wasn't expecting him, but I ran with it and started snapping away. He ended up going into the room and hanging out for a bit before giving Mara her wedding gift - a spinning wheel. Mara's done knitting for years now, and thanks to Franco's gift she will be able to make her own yarn! I may not know much about knitting, but Mara was so happy that she did a little dance, so this must be major.

Congratulations and best wishes, Mara and Franco! I am so very much looking forward to being in your wedding in just a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment