Friday, May 27, 2011

3 months.

3 months.


Dear George,

You turned three months old yesterday. This is your last month as a newborn, and then you will just be a plain ol' infant. Or maybe you become an infant when you TURN three months old. I cannot remember, and Momma is feeling too lazy to google right now.

This month's photo shows two of your new tricks: holding things and sticking your fingers in your mouth. You just love chewing on your fingers. As for the toys, I still have to work them into your little fingers, but in just a week you have gone from only shaking them once or twice before dropping them to holding them for a minute or two. We have even watched you intentionally reach for toys, and your aim is improving.

You took that smiling skill from last month and turned them into laughs. You think your mommy is SO. FUNNY! But I think you are the funny one, with such a happy nature that you would probably find me reading the phone book totally hilarious.

The experience of feeding you has been gradually improving. We have been working so, so hard on figuring out what to do for you and your belly, and we are getting closer to figuring out the best solutions for all of us. I know we are getting closer because during a two week period this past month, you put on a pound and a half. This was huge for you. Your double chin emerged before our very eyes.

Cuddling with you is one of the sweetest moments of the day. After feeding, I put you up on my shoulder to burp you. Once we get a nice belch (you take after your dad) (er, confession: you also take after your mom, if my pregnancy burps were anything to go by), you curl your head in my neck and I hug you close. I cannot help but think that someday will be the last day you let me hold you like this, and it makes me just want to squish you more now.

You love new people, but not a lot of them all at once. Too many people squealing and cooing in your face causes you to stick out your lower lip and cry a good cry. We get it, we get it, you are more of a one on one kiddo. But you are so cute, how do you expect people to resist going gaga over you?

You have turned into a more reliable napper on days when we do not leave the house. This makes your happy disposition much, much happier. I cannot emphasize this enough, but THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR NAPPING. Rest is a good thing for everyone, babies and parents especially.

In fact, you are napping right now, so I am going to go try to check more to do items off my list. That way, when you wake up, I can spend my time making faces at you and sticking toys in your hands.

Love,

Yo Momma

P.S. Cutie says hi.

Monthly photo outtake.

No comments:

Post a Comment