Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby laughter is good for the soul.



We have a really hard time getting that last feeding of the day in before George conks out for bedtime. He generally passes out about halfway through, since he's so thoroughly comforted and loved by being held and bonded with through feeding.

That's cute and all, but Momma wants her baby to eat! A couple of nights ago, El Hub was giving George his bottle and beginning to lose the baby to dreamworld, so I put on my goofy face and started chatting up a storm in an effort to try to get him to stay awake. George was so. Far. Gone. His eyes were just slits, and if you had asked me, I would have told you he was already asleep.

But what did he do? George started laughing the barest, slightest, quietest of laughs. He chuckled at me. And then he fell asleep with a smile on his face.

Guys, I am pretty sure this is why people have babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment