Friday, August 26, 2011

Reflecting on "Reflections of Motherhood."

George is almost six months old. Six months! Half a year! Two-thirds of the way to being out in this world longer than he was in my body! And he has changed so much in that time, and I've changed too.

If I could go back six months to give myself a message based on my experiences since having a baby, what would I tell myself?



Every parent out there can probably identify with at least a few of those sentiments. I know I can. But the one that resonates with me the most is "Trust your instincts."

You know you. You know your baby. We all come up against obstacles. Fight, fight, fight for the answers. Find the strength you need to do it, whether it is in you or you need to lean on others for support. That baby needs you to buck up and be the one to figure it out.

Trust your instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment