Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Amazingly Organized Totally Awesome Wedding is 7 1/2 weeks away

It hit me yesterday that my wedding is seven and a half weeks away. Oh dear.

It helps that we have tried to keep everything as simple as possible. Granted, it would have been most simple to simply elope, but The Boy shot down that idea. Then I attempted to convince him a teensy weensy wedding would be the way to go - my parents, his parents, his sister, his nana, and a few select friends. But no. Apparently we are too popular for our own good, and lots more people than that want to see us take our vows and then booze it up on our dime. Sigh. The perils of being well-liked and willing to have an open bar.

All told, we expect to have about 50 guests attending, which is a lot more than I wanted and a lot less than he wanted. It is a compromise we can all live with, except my mother, who keeps asking me if I'm really, really certain that I don't want to invite so-and-so. Yes, Mom, I'm sure.

Early in the planning process I was horribly stressed. It didn't help that we were in the middle of buying a house, I was temporarily living a few hours away working in the state capitol, was preparing to move back to my parents' house in the Orlando area, shortly followed by another move into our new house, about to start my last semester of grad school, taking on an extra part-time job, and broke. Gee, no major stressors there!

Thankfully, I have lightened up a bit since then. Once we made the major decisions about the guest list, budget, and venue, everything else was just so much more manageable. There is still a lot to do and I need to get to getting, but I know it will work out.

In the coming weeks I will be posting about the decisions we have already made and the ones that we are currently muddling our way through. The parts that have frustrated me and the parts that have made me obnoxiously giddy will get their fair share of the limelight. I'll also end up posting about my Amazingly Organized Binder of the Totally Awesome Wedding of Victoria and Robert The Boy (or Robert The Boy and Victoria, depending on who you ask) because I just have an unreasonable pride for that thing. I created in a low moment of the wedding planning process, and just looking at the cover can cheer me up if I am feeling particularly flustered or frustrated. Hooray for organization inclinations!


No comments:

Post a Comment