Monday, August 18, 2008

OPI's Parlez Vous OPI?

This is how OPI's Parlez Vous OPI? turned out:



Cute! I thought it would be a bit more muted and lean more towards a gray hue, but it's very definitely a creamy purple. Still, I am enjoying it.

I used CND's Stickey as a base coat for the first time ever, and two days later I have a small chip on my left index finger and some nail wear at the tips on all the nails (no surprise since I spent a chunk of yesterday typing heavily and tidying the house). I used Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, a great top coat for anyone impatient like me. It won't stop the nail polish from smudging if you whack it good in the first 15 minutes, but it does keep you from leaving a nail polish stain on whatever you just whacked. Perfect for klutzes lacking proprioception like me. Also, I credit Seche Vite with creating that high shine.

This is from OPI's La Collection De France for Fall 2008. Limited edition, of course.

A rant would be good at some point about the popular limited edition trends in the beauty world - nail and makeup houses put out seasonal collections, and once they're gone, they're gone. That puts the pressure on to buy a product NOW, IMMEDIATELY, ASAP! Before it's gone and you'll never see it again. You can try and find dupes of LE products in permanent collections, but it's never quite the same. Sigh. A rant for another day.

Right now I'm going to go cough up a lung at the gym! The cough is always the last thing to go in a cold, and by that measure I've had this cold for about two weeks now. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment