Monday, September 1, 2008

Pin Curl Twist updo

Sometimes an experiment may not turn out the way you might have planned or hoped, but it turns out all right in spite of those seeming failures. That is pretty much how I feel about my most recent hair experiment.

I wanted to do the Pin Curl Twist featured on Total Beauty's "17 Hairstyles That Take Less than 10 Minutes."

For reference, it should have come out looking like this:


Image from TotalBeauty.com


Except that I forgot I am a curly girl, so no way is my hair going to come out even close to resembling that. Then I forgot that I'm not actually all that adept at doing updos, so that's strike #2. But, I perservere! And this is what I came up with:



I like it. It does not look like the picture, but I am good with that. I was working with length a little bit longer than what you see in this picture. Hooray for a new updo!

The above picture was taken in my office. You can see a little bit of my gray trackball with its red ball in the lower left-hand corner of the picture. My love of trackballs is not easily explained as I can only say that I've been using them since I was about 11 or 12, when our family computer was upgraded from Windows 3.1 to Windows 95. Whenever guests want to use my computer, they find themselves absolutely befuddled my the trackball. I might be a bad person because I have to admit this amuses me endlessly.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful darling!

    When I come down, can you help me figure out easy, everyday hairstyles with my new long hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly!

    I hope your hair is long enough now. It certainly looks like it from photos. It will be fun figuring out appropriate styles for you.

    ReplyDelete