Thursday, September 4, 2008

From My Nightmares

Does everyone have nightmares? There is one recurring theme in my nightmares, and I know exactly where it originated from.

When I was maybe 7 or 8 years old, I went to a friend's house. She was so excited to see me because she wanted to show me her new hamster. She led me to the plastic habitat and pointed out her new pet.

I looked, and what I saw horrified me. Yes, there was a cute lil' roly-poly furball of a hamster. But it was surrounded by shiny pink wiggling worms. Really short, fat worms. Or baby hamsters, if you will. After that all I remember is my friend's mom coming over and complaining that the hamster they bought must have been pregnant, and what were they going to do with all these baby hamsters?

Well, I didn't want them! But I couldn't get rid of them, at least not in my dreams. Over the years I have had a couple of different nightmares that involves what starts out as one hamster in a cage. Then it has babies, then the babies grow at a freakishly accelerated rate and spontaneously have their own babies, and it just keeps going...

So when I saw this post on CuteOverload, I did not find it cute.



Image from CuteOverload

Not cute at all.

But the rest of the site is pretty darn adorable, so check it out.

1 comment: