Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Eye Treatments with Sunscreen - Product Roundup

An eye treatment with sunscreen is a product I have been wanting to find for quite a while now. A few days ago I found myself at CVS yet again absentmindedly staring at the shelves in the skincare section, scanning the products for the key words "eye" and "SPF." I never have found a product by going this route, so I decided it was time to try another tactic.

Google! These are all of the products I found that met my simple criteria of eye treatment with sunscreen. Some of them also touted as treating puffy eyes, undereye circles, able to smooth while protecting the eye area's think skin from the sun's rays. Unfortunately, some of them have very low SPF (even as low as SPF 4 in one case), and not all of them protect against UVA and UVB rays. Plus some are pretty pricey. I hate to break it to La Prairie, but I will not be contributing $145 to their coffers in exchange for their Cellular Eye Moisturizer with SPF 15. However, I am including them anyway so you can see the array of products available. These are sorted by alphabetical order.

Brand loyalty is something I wrestle with (if a brand has served me well in the past, then I want to go to them for new products, but at the same time I do not want to miss out on other excellent products just because they are not made by one of the brands I am already familiar with), so my first instinct is a desire to try Clinique's, Prescriptives, and Shiseido's offerings. I think I might try Shiseido first since I already know their Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ for the face does not aggravate my skin or my eyes.

So, is an eye cream with SPF necessary? Probably not, so long as you are careful to use your usual face sunscreen around the eyes. But what can I say, I am a lazy person who does not want to have to layer products. If I am already going to be using an eye cream, then it would be great if it was a 2-in-1 product. I will let you know how things go once I start testing out one of these products.

If you are interested in checking out reviews on these products, I recommend trying MakeupAlley or Total Beauty. If you have used any of these and loved them or loathed them or if you know of one not on this list, leave a comment letting us know about your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment