Google! These are all of the products I found that met my simple criteria of eye treatment with sunscreen. Some of them also touted as treating puffy eyes, undereye circles, able to smooth while protecting the eye area's think skin from the sun's rays. Unfortunately, some of them have very low SPF (even as low as SPF 4 in one case), and not all of them protect against UVA and UVB rays. Plus some are pretty pricey. I hate to break it to La Prairie, but I will not be contributing $145 to their coffers in exchange for their Cellular Eye Moisturizer with SPF 15. However, I am including them anyway so you can see the array of products available. These are sorted by alphabetical order.
- Avon Anew Rejuvenate 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer SPF 25 for $30
- Chanel Precision Energizing Multi-Protection Eye Cream SPF 15 for $60
- Clarins Sun Wrinkle Control Eye Contour Care SPF 30 for $25.50
- Clinique Advanced Stop Signs Eye SPF 15 for $32.50
- DDF Protective Eye Cream SPF Plus with CoQ1 at $46
- Dior HydrAction Hydra-Protective Eye Creme SPF 20 for $46
- Dove Pro Age Eye Treatment SPF 8 for $14.09, but currently on sale at Drugstorre.com for $11.69 (I think this one might be discontinued as it seems to be on sale or out of stock on different websites)
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide EyeWish Eye Cream SPF 10 for $45
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Eye Moisture Cream SPF 15 for $48
- H20 Plus Aqualibrium Self Defense Eye Protector SPF 15 for $28
- Kiehl's Protective, Moisturizing Eye Gel SPF 15 Sunscreen for $30
- Korres Natural Products Eye Cream SPF 6, Evening Primrose for $34.00
- La Prairie Cellular Eye Moisturizer SPF 15 for $145
- Mario Badescu Skin Care Eye & Lip Sunscreen (SPF-15) for $20
- Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 for $66
- Murad Eye Treatment Complex SPF 8 for $59
- Prescriptives Anti-Age Advanced Protection Eye Cream SPF 25 for $48
- Proderma Daily Wear Eye Care Cream Spf 20 for $24.99
- Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream 32 PA+++ for $30
Brand loyalty is something I wrestle with (if a brand has served me well in the past, then I want to go to them for new products, but at the same time I do not want to miss out on other excellent products just because they are not made by one of the brands I am already familiar with), so my first instinct is a desire to try Clinique's, Prescriptives, and Shiseido's offerings. I think I might try Shiseido first since I already know their Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ for the face does not aggravate my skin or my eyes.
So, is an eye cream with SPF necessary? Probably not, so long as you are careful to use your usual face sunscreen around the eyes. But what can I say, I am a lazy person who does not want to have to layer products. If I am already going to be using an eye cream, then it would be great if it was a 2-in-1 product. I will let you know how things go once I start testing out one of these products.
If you are interested in checking out reviews on these products, I recommend trying MakeupAlley or Total Beauty. If you have used any of these and loved them or loathed them or if you know of one not on this list, leave a comment letting us know about your experiences.