Thursday, September 11, 2008

SpaRitual's Fall In Love nail polish


This is SpaRitual's Fall In Love nail polish. I had never heard of SpaRitual before stumbling across a review of this exact shade in The Nailphile's blog. I was intrigued enough by her swatch and description to order it. Per her recommendation, I bought it from sparkling*nails on eBay. My package came in just a couple of days, so it was nearly instant gratification considering it had to be shipped.

This color spoke to me because of its autumnal tone. Is it pink, mauve, copper, brown, gold? I see all of these colors in this nailpolish depending on the light. Even a few flashes of purple have popped up from time to time. It is a very unique and intriguing color.

Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of the application. It was uneven, and even after three coats, I was not satisfied with it. However, I am hoping it was just a matter of the SpaRitual formula not getting along with my base coat of choice, which was CND Stickey on this day. I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat.

This is one polish I will definitely be playing with again. I might be even use it for my wedding if I can get the application to a point I am satisfied with. (Yeah, are you really surprised I am not running for a pale taupe or pink shade?)

SpaRitual are vegan nail lacquers free of DBP, formaldehyde, and toluene.

No comments:

Post a Comment