Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bridal Shower

Part of me wants to be documenting the wedding planning experience, but I have been such a slacker about it! This post should be easy though, even if it is a week late. Yes, that's right, my bridal shower (and bachelorette party) was last weekend. And it was fantastic!

We had it at my mother's house, and my mom and my MOH Kelly kicked it out of the park. They kept me in the dark about pretty much everything, and the only significant input I made was a demand that there be Toojay's Banana Dream Cake.



Bridal Shower


Bridal Shower

The backyard was transformed into party central.



Bridal Shower

And there was yummy food (all made by my mom, and I know I am totally biased, but the food was fantastic).



Bridal Shower

And there was BANANA DREAM CAKE! Yes, they write the names of their cakes on them. So cute.



Bridal Shower

There were also marshmallow peep-like things next a picture of me and The Boy. I did not partake of these, but the two kids that attended seemed to like them and the colors certainly were fun.



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


Close up of the flower arrangements in the previous picture. Is this adorable or what? My mom got the vases from who knows where, and she and Kelly picked up the flowers at Costco's the day before. In fact, I love them so much I am stealing them for centerpieces for the reception. Yes, they are small, but this is good because the tables at our reception site are small. (I should probably get around to a post on our wedding plans at some point...)

We started out the shower by mingling, and at one point I introduced everyone. Then every guest was given a ribbon necklace to wear, and if any of them said The Boy's name, they had to give it to the person who heard them say it. I got two necklaces and an additional rule - I couldn't say the word awesome. This was terribly hard! So hard, I lost one of my necklaces just a minute or two after the game started when I introduced my MOH by her formal title from before we decided to have attendants, which was "Director of Awesomeness." Oops.





Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


They decorated a chair for me.



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


Here I am, looking cute in my decorated chair. It's hard work.




Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


There were presents! That part was pretty overhwhelming. The times during the party where I was the sole object of focus - in the beginning when I introduced everyone, during a "Newlywed"-like game we played, and then when opening the presents - I felt a bit uncomfortable. No one ever believes this, but I am shy and don't like attention. According to Myers-Briggs, I am an INTJ, the significant part being the I which stands for introvert. The reason no one ever believes this is because I am very good with people and present myself well in public interactions. But that doesn't mean it feels natural to me! But it all went well at the bridal shower, so that was a relief for me.



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


MOH Kelly taking notes as I open the presents. "The Amazingly Organized Binder of the Totally Awesome Wedding of Victoria and [The Boy]" is a work of art, and I should write up a post on how to create your own wedding planning binder. I love being organized, and creating that was definitely a highlight of the wedding planning process for me.



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


One of the gifts I got was from my friend Mara, who volunteered to make the flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow for us. Words cannot express how much I love how these turned out. Their design was a surprise for me, so it was a real treat to get to open these.



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


Me and my girls!



Bridal Shower

Photo by Michelle Lanzone


Me and MOH Kelly. We like taking pictures of ourselves. This is the perfect picture of us.

All in all, my bridal shower was awesome (hardy har har).

1 comment: