Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

But no sixpence in my shoe.


Something Old: Relic Necklace

My relic

My mother gave this to me after a surgery I had when I was thirteen. It's not as old as other items I could select, but it is the most meaningful. When looking at pictures of me from that age on, I am nearly always wearing this necklace. I won't wear it as a necklace on my wedding day, but I do plan to pin it to the inside of my dress.



Something New: The Dress

First Dress Fitting

It's the dress! What else is there to say?



Something Borrowed: Earrings from my Mother

Copy of IMG_6595

These earrings have always wowed me, and I am honored my mother is letting me borrow them.



Something Blue: Pedicure!

Okay, I don't have a picture of this one yet. I'm not even sure what shade of blue I am going to go with. But I wouldn't be me if I wasn't sporting some nail polish that makes me smile.

If you are looking for some less traditional ideas on these items, check out this article at Real Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment