Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting the Marriage License

Last week, The Boy and I got our marriage license.

This kind of hammered it in for me that, wow! We're getting married in a few weeks. Holy crap. Add to that the bridal shower, bachelorette party, and engagement photo session from the weekend before, plus all those RSVP cards people have been sending in, and I think we really just can't ignore the fact that we are getting married.

So, here is your warning: there are going to be quite a lot of wedding-related posts over the next couple of weeks, and I am going to be sharing some wedding-related goodies with you. If you get sick of it, oops. Don't worry, I'll be married in a few weeks and maybe by then I will be sick of writing about it anyway. Except once I get the pictures back, and then I will go picture post crazy.


Marriage License Rite of Passage

The Boy and I make fun of people for congratulating us. I'm sorry, I realize this may come off as unkind. But that's how we cope with the overwhelming number of people who have enjoyed commenting on our impending nuptials. So of course, we made fun of this sign.



Marriage License Rite of Passage

This sign we made fun of not because it was congratulating us, but because it was upside down. Huh.



Marriage License Rite of Passage

The Boy was reading some paperwork on name changing. My last name is something I love and am proud of, but I have to admit that his is kind of rock star-ish, maybe even super-hero-ish. It's just that cool. Plus, I won't have to explain to people how to spell my new last name the way I do now.

At any rate, I won't be changing my last name for about a month after the ceremony. As it turns out, the deadline for registering to vote in the November election is a few days before we get married. I want to vote! So no last name change for me, at least temporarily.



Marriage License Rite of Passage

OMG I'm a bride!



Marriage License Rite of Passage

OMG he's a groom!

I'm getting married, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment