Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Randy Pausch Last Lecture; Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Chances are you have already come across this video on your journeys through the interwebs. I know I have many times over the past several months.



Randy Pausch was a Carnegie Mellon professor who passed away on July 25, 2008 from pancreatic cancer. But before that, he gave "The Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams." On September 18, 2007, he participated in this series of lectures that was actually titled with the intention of the presenter giving the lecture as though it would be their last lecture; it just so happened that for Pausch, it was. He didn't talk about his cancer. But he talked about so many other amazing things.

I only just recently took the time to watch this. It clocks in at 1 hours and 16 minutes, and I always told myself I didn't have the time to watch it. Instead, I reached the point where I decided I need to make the time.

It was worth it. Check it out if you haven't already.

1 comment: